Extractor fan in shower room

I want to install an extractor fan in a cloakroom/shower room that I have, so I bought one from Wickes with a pull-switch. I understand that the fan needs to be supplied via a double-pole switch located outside the room (is this correct?). I also understand that the pull switch should not be accessible from the shower - which mine might just about be. Can anyone tell me if it would be ok if I remove the pull-switch so that the fan can only be operated via the double-pole switch - and also if I can wire the fan via the lighting circuit?

http://www.niceic.org.uk/downloads/Pocket%20Guide%202.pdf
Hope this helps. It may be that you need a 12 volt fan as well
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

Thanks for your help, Adam. I see what you mean, I certainly can't fit it in the location that I wanted to - not without completely excessive precautions anyway. Back to the drawing board I'm afraid!

On the plus side a fan is OK from the lighting circuit and a double pole pull switch will be fine as an isolator (if there is no timer over run). The transformer for a 12v fan may be located in the ceiling void above the fan. Any problems or queries then post again
Adam