Electrical cable protection when run outside house - advice please.

I need to run some 10mm T&E on the wall of an alleyway that runs between my house and the neighbouring house. I'm assuming some sort of protection will be required for the run? If so what will be required?

Reply to
clangers_snout

If the run is straight, 25mm round conduit with round besa boxes at each end with penetration through the wall via female conduit adapters, conduit sleeve. It comes in white and black It might still be a difficult run re bend radius due to 10mm T&E size.

Round conduit will afford some protection, but not from any heavy equipment (wheelbarrow of rubble or cement if run at the same height).

A tougher cable would be 10mm SWA, however that requires proper glands at each end into a suitable enclosure, and has bend radius limitations (12x radius) re bringing it through the wall etc.

Is there no way to run this inside? The cable will need to be RCD protected re 17th requirements unless surface run for its entire length (and perhaps RCD protected if this is a shower and the manufacturers instructions require RCD protection).

Reply to
js.b1

At what height?

Is the alleyway accessible by the public?

Steel conduit "above 2 drunks high" or SWA inside steel trunking.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If there is little risk of vandalism and impact damage then the cable can just be clipped to the wall.

Reply to
ARWadsworth