Exterior masonry mounting

Hi all,

I'm trying to hang a birdfeeder from the side of my house, which is bricked. Do you have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this without crumbling the exterior?

-------------------------------------

Reply to
bobarchitect39

Exterior grade Blu-tac is recommended, available from all good hardware shops and B&Q.

Reply to
Illuminated

Nice one.

But seriously, is the brickwork actually crumbly? If not, what's wrong with the normal fixings like Rawlplugs or expanding fixings?

If it is crumbly, then one of these fixings but with a much longer screw, set much further into the brick.

Birdfeeders aren't very heavy!

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

The OP mentions brick in the post but masonry in the title, so it is probably masonry.

Reply to
Harry Stottle

OK, but the questions still apply, I think.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Graham

He don't want to crumble the exterior. I have several spare skyhooks hanging about somewhere ....free to good home.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

responding to

bobarchitect39 wrote: Thanks for the suggestions guys. Blu-tac may actually work... worth a try anyway. The brick is quite old and I'm worried about it being brittle. I will test it a bit.

Reply to
bobarchitect39

Troll.

Reply to