driveway block sealing

I have just had a new driveway laid using Marshalls firebrick blocking. When this is dry it has a very washed out appearance but when it is wet there is a dramatic change to a rich red colour.

Anyone got any experience with applying a sealer to a drive which might make this improvement semi permanent?

Why might Marshall say that appying such a product would invalidate their 5 year warranty?

Beemer

Reply to
Beemer

What was the appearance when you saw the blocks at the builder's yard or when samples were brought round by the installer? Firebrick blocks appear to be a dry matt pink finish on page 129 of my Marshalls catalogue.

Not me.

They are limiting their liability to their product as manufactured, and excluding any changes in appearance or structure that may result from the actions of customers.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist