Doorstep tiling

My daughter is desperate to get her doorstep retiled.She has phoned around most of the local tilers and non of them seem to be very interested.A couple of them have said that they would not do it at this time of year.I take it that they are thinking of frost ,but we have not had any of that yet,so can anyone please tell me why they are reluctant to touch it.There are hundreds of new houses going up in the area so I should not think that they have to wait until Spring for doorsteps to be tiled.
allan

There's probably a health and safety reason here - there usually is. After all, should you really expect someone to come in November and do an outside job where he might catch cold? I mean, be reasonable.
Rob Graham

At this time of the year many ladies are forcing their partners to re-fit the kitchen or bathroom - so tilers are 'too busy' to do little jobs. Mate of mine used to run a retail kitchen supply business and it was the busiest time for him --- "come on pet lets get it done before christmas..."