Cracked marble doorstep

I live in the basement flat of a converted house. My bedroom is below the front door, and spots of moisture have started appearing on my bedroom ceiling. I'm pretty sure these are coming from the iron storm door bolt holes in the front step, which are the same distance apart as the moisture spots.

The holes themselves may well be sound, but there are long deep cracks in the marble in which the holes are set. I'd like to fill these cracks with some kind of mortar or sealant, but I'm not sure what type to use. Can anybody advise? The marble is white, but the cracks, which look like they may have been filled in the past, are black.

Peter

Reply to
psaffrey

epoxy mortar or milliput.