Does a petrol flymo use less fuel than a "regular" lawnmower?

Would a petrol flymo lawnmower use less petrol than a push or self- propelled petrol lawnmower?
I'm just guessing it might use less since there isn't the friction which is created by a push or self-propelled mower since a flymo isn't in contact with the ground.

Having used both, my flymo had a much bigger engine, 100cc, ISTR, & used to drink gallons of 2 stroke compared to current B&S mower, presumably it needed to be higher revving to get it airborne in the first place.
Chris
presumably it

Thanks Chris.
Good point. Hadn't thought of that.
Presumably a self-propelled petrol mower would use more petrol than a push petrol mower?
If correct, would it be a lot more?

Not used a self propelled mower but as you say, given its providing drive as well may be more thirsty. Chris

You may have a problem in getting suitable evidence for this. I have a self-propelled rotary mower that uses considerably less than the one it replaced. So, if comparing self-propelled rotary mowers with Flymos, should I use the first one or the second?
Rob Graham