Does a petrol flymo use less fuel than a "regular" lawnmower?

Would a petrol flymo lawnmower use less petrol than a push or self- propelled petrol lawnmower?

I'm just guessing it might use less since there isn't the friction which is created by a push or self-propelled mower since a flymo isn't in contact with the ground.

Reply to
susie2007

Having used both, my flymo had a much bigger engine, 100cc, ISTR, & used to drink gallons of 2 stroke compared to current B&S mower, presumably it needed to be higher revving to get it airborne in the first place.

Chris

Reply to
Merlin's Laptop

On 20 Nov, 19:05, "Merlin's Laptop" wrote: presumably it

Thanks Chris.

Good point. Hadn't thought of that.

Presumably a self-propelled petrol mower would use more petrol than a push petrol mower?

If correct, would it be a lot more?

Reply to
susie2007

Not used a self propelled mower but as you say, given its providing drive as well may be more thirsty. Chris

Reply to
Merlin's Laptop

You may have a problem in getting suitable evidence for this. I have a self-propelled rotary mower that uses considerably less than the one it replaced. So, if comparing self-propelled rotary mowers with Flymos, should I use the first one or the second?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham