Coverage (metres/sq) per 10 kg for chippings/stones

How do I work out how much I need to say, cover 10sq m?
Add pictures here
✖
paulfoel wrote:

if its say 5cm - 2 1/2". thats 1/2 cu m or about a tonne.
Add pictures here
✖

My local builders merchant will deliver a ton bag of Cotswold chippings for about £50. that will do a layer about 50 mm deep. Other gravels cost different amounts, some are four times that price. Avoid lime stone as it turns to mud if you move it about frequently.
Add pictures here
✖
paulfoel wrote:

http://www.pavingexpert.com/gravel01.htm
'Coverage rates for gravels are typically 15-20 m² per tonne at 35mm thick'.
IME the biggest mistake you can make is to have too thin a layer.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Others have answered that point, but make sure you add a landscaping type membrane down or you will get grass and weeds. It will look a mess!
Add pictures here
✖

Yep. Stuck the membrane down as well. Its surprising how many bags it takes as well.
Add pictures here
✖