gravel coverage

House being rented out for a while and tenants wont want to do gardening ,s o ieant to cover the front garden with membrane and gravel. So how much of the larger gravel ( ??20mm) do i need to buy to cover 4.8m X 3 m to a suitable depth ?a couple of inches (5cm)
the volume is easy , but they sell the stuff by weight. So whats the density of larger size gravel ?
thanks
paul

ng ,s o ieant to cover the front garden with membrane and gravel.

X 3 m to a suitable depth ?a couple of inches (5cm)

A cubic metre of gravel wieghs between 1.5 and 2.0tons. Depending on what rock it is, how small it is and whether pebbles or crushed rock.
Cheapest is tobuy loose on tipper wagon. Ring any road haulier, they will get it for you COD usually. Or credit card.
Four wheel truck carries ten ton. Six wheel truck carries sixteen ton. Eight wheel carries twenty ton.
On 10/06/2013 16:55, Paul Cooper wrote:

Coverage rates for gravels are typically 15-20 m² per tonne at 35mm thick according to;
http://www.pavingexpert.com/gravel01.htm
You have 14.4 sq/m.
You need at least 35mm and an edge all round to stop in spreading.

I would suggest even with the gravel down that early spring and late summer go over it with a watering can of weedkiller as the weeds will eventually pop through. I use sodium chlorate (old stock) but not sure if thats still available.

Not only unavailable, but illegal to use.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 15th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3179
RIP Iain M Banks, 16 February 1954 – 9 June 2013

EU?
--
Frank

Yep.
--
Today is Prickle-Prickle, the 18th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3179
RIP Iain M Banks, 16 February 1954 – 9 June 2013
On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 19:03:05 +0000, Huge wrote:

So it's available in Norway and Switzerland, then?
On 10/06/13 16:55, Paul Cooper wrote:

about 3 tonnes a cu meter

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) – a system of government where the least capable to lead
Hope this is not going to be used as a driveway, round my area some bright sparks have done this with the result that the footway and rouad nearby is covered in grvel and the hard standing isn't any more!
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Paul Cooper" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Personally, 10mm pea gravel is best suited for a garden.
Jim

IS that the size cats like?
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

I've never had any trouble with cats on the gravel, only on the flowerbeds
Jim

yup biggest kitty litter for miles.......
Jim K