Cooker spur and socket

In my kitchen, I have a dedicated radial switched outlet which is used for an immersion heater (fused 15A). I wish to add a 13A socket in the same location (to supply a Dustbuster charger). Would it be permissible to replace the existing outlet with a small cooker control unit incorporating a 13A switched socket (as on my cooker supply). An electrician informed me that this is not permissible, but my cooker supply incorporates a 13A socket.
Terry D.

would say it is a no-no. While it is your intention to only apply a light load to the socket, that cannot be guaranteed in future and I don't think rules of diversity would be generous enough to allow both loads.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

You should not run a socket off the immersion supply. However if a single socket was added (just for a dustbuster charger) and used for nothing else no fuses will trip and then if the socket is removed before you sell the house who would know?
Adam