Compression Fittings 22mm/ 3 quarter inch imperial

Hello All
I have to fit a 22mm compression fitting valve into a copper pipe which may be either 22mm or 3/4 inch. Is a 22mm compression fitting compatible with a 3/4 inch pipe should this prove to be the case. I'd rather not cut the pipe and try to see if it fits because if it doesn't that would be most inconvenient.
Thanks for all helpful replies.

may
pipe
A 22mm compression fitting will fit ok on to 3/4 inch pipe. However, you will need a 3/4 olive on the pipe. You can get these from plumbers merchants quite readily for only a few pence.
Hadn't thought of that - makes sense.
Cheers,
Nigel

Thanks very much for the informative and prompt reply.
Titus
Wouldn't have thought so - that's almost 3mm difference - asking a bit much of a compression fitting in my opinion.
Cheers,
Nigel

Remember that 22mm is the o/d of modern stuff and 3/4" is the i/d of the old stuff, older pipes were also a heavier gauge so the difference is less than you think but just enough that a special olive is required. As already mentioned posted, plumbers' merchants are well used to this request.
--
fred

Unlike 1/2" - 15mm and 1" -28mm , 3/4" - 22mm is not a direct fit. You need an adaptor 3/4" one end and 22mm the other. I would have one handy just in case you need it.
Steve

That`s done every day of life.What you need to ask for is a green olive.It`s thicker and takes up the difference.