Changing Bathroom layout

Sorry to bombard you all!! But I am moving around my bath room and need to move where the bath and basins spur off!! Whats the best way to get the old part of the pipe off without setting fire to the woodern joists?
Also I want to hide the pastic waste under the floor!! Could it potentially cause structural damage if i cut some holes in the joists to sit the plastic waist pipe in?
Thanks again!
jamie
Jamie wrote:

Put a piece of tin under the pipe... a tin can opened up?
How much depth are the joist? if 4" yes this will weaken the strength of joist.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

The plumber cut into our joists to fit the waste which serves the bath, shower and sink. Our joists are 6" and there was no problem, he's taken less than 2" out.
Could the same be done with 4" joists if some battens were added to the affected joists to strengthen them perhaps a couple of feet of 2 by 1 either side of the cut joists and screwed through in a couple of places either side of the cut?
Mike
Mike
"Jamie" wrote:

If the waste pipe ever leaks, or needs to be dismantled to clear a serious blockage, you will be stuffed unless the floorboards can be easily lifted.