central heating woes

I have a ravenheat (100ET i think) combi boiler which has just started playing up and could do with some advice please.
If I have the rads on I can get hot water however if they are off and I turn on the hot water the boiler fires up for a few seconds then switches off and I get no hot water.
I've read the manual and followed the diagnostics and it says to check and replace the DHW Sensor or the DHW Potentiometer. I then rang up Ravenheat and they said its the diverter valve.
Ok, so Ravenheats manual says one thing, Ravenheats employers say another.
I think I could change these things myself but which is it likely to be and which should I change first?
Pete

The divertor valve would be my guess.
Adam

Thanks for the opinion guys, I'll attack that at the weekend and let you know. Pete
Sounds like the diverter valve diaphragm. I think the universal kit fits ravenheat boilers.
HTH
CJ