cavity wall insulation

Hi are there any disadvantages to getting cavity wall insulation done such as noticable holes all over the walls? My house, a semi detached upstairs downstairs, was built in 1992 and has a cavity wall with the inside wall breeze block with foam backed plasterboard stuck to it. Was supposed to be the best insulation at the time. The outside wall is white with small stones thrown at it while the white stuff was still wet. I can never remember what that is called. Something like harralling?

anyway is there an advantage to getting cavity wall insulation with my type of walls and if so why was it not done when the house was built? Thanks Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thought it was pebble-dashing. We had our detached bungalow CVI'd last year. The holes are small and filled in in the same colour. They are hardly noticeable but just prove to potential buyers that it's been done! The only disadvantage I can think of is that it makes it difficult, if not impossible, to run wires through the cavity. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB