Can You Buy?

My neighbours gas meter cupboard has lost its lock, don't know how or when and it keeps blowing open in the wind. Is it possible to buy just the lock mechanism? The box is the type on the outside of the house that uses a triangular key for opening.
Cheers
John
Try http://www.meterboxes.co.uk/content/home.asp or www.bes.ltd.uk you will have to replace the door but it is should only be held on with screws
jason wrote:

All they keys are the same, hence you only need a new key - which is 66p from BES, I'd expect B&Q warehouse to have these, or call your local gas company - they should only charge you a few quid
jon

Thanks but they still have the key, it is the actual LOCKING MECHANISM that has gone AWOL.
Cheers
John

Why not glue a magnetic catch on it ?
AWEM
Andrew Mawson wrote:

a key, if they cannot open it the usual way they will just walk away and you'll get an estimate.

OK maybe I should have said 'standard locking/latching mechanism'. I have found one via a link from another poster who understood my question.
Cheers
John

Many thanks I have ordered a new one from here at a whole 1.00 ( + postage & VAT ) total 2.70!
Thanks again
John

frame. Don't know about locks on their own.

item 340-5751 3.03 + vat. They will deal with anyone provided you order by CC online. You should be able to find it cheaper elsewhere with a bit of googling. CPC have camlocks but key operated only, not triangular apparently.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

There is no need for you to purchase a lock. Just telephone your service provider and they should send you one through the post if you are capable of fitting it yourself
--
the_constructor