Block paving on drive

I found the sand to be a waste of time. In summer loads of ants worked hard taking all the sand out. I brushed dry cement in and that stuck to their legs and they did not come back. When the rains came the cement hardened and helped to keep the weeds away. I use a spray on weed killer for the determined weeds.
Robbie
Roberts wrote:

summer. Did you find any problems with staining of the block surfaces when it rained for the first time. Many on my blocks are charcoal and I would want to keep them that colour. TIA Bob

gaps upto just below the top of the blocks. Any bits that were on the blocks I swept clear with a soft broom. I have charcoal blocks as well. I have found that my snow covered drive clears quicker than others in my road who have brick coloured blocks. I suppose the dark colour heats up quicker? Robbie
Roberts wrote:

cover so will start in an unobtrusive area and distribute it with a soft broom. Life is too short to fill gaps individually.
My frontage is mainly reddish bricks with bays bordered with charcoal and I have not noticed the dark ones thawing quicker. One or two blocks did stay snow covered when others were thawing so I wonder if it is to with thermal contact to the ground below?
Bob