Baxi Gas Fire and Back Boiler unit.

I have a Baxi gas fire/back boiler unit which is at least 25 years old. Can someone tell me where I can find the model name and number on the unit?
I'd like to replace it with a more modern unit but don't want the hassle of having to re-plumb the house to fit a wall mounted boiler. Any ideas, anyone?
--
Alasdair.

Have as look at this:
http://www.baxi.co.uk/products/browse.php?type=consumer&cat=1
Hope it helps -- the_constructor
"Alasdair" wrote:

On my Baxi Bermuda 552 the model name and number are on a label to the right of the thermostat knob. If yours is the same you need to remove the controls cover panel which is a horizontal clip-on panel at the bottom front of the fire, and lie on the floor using a torch to read the label.
On Mon, 22 May 2006 15:59:29 +0100, "Phil Anthropist"

Thanks, it's a Baxi Bermuda 551 No. 44 077 48. Any idea of the year of manufacture and is there a direct replacement now available?
--
Alasdair.

"Alasdair" wrote:

My 552 was made around 1985 so the 551 would have been made a year or two earlier at a guess. Regarding modern equivalents, the_constructor posted http://www.baxi.co.uk/products/browse.php?type=consumer&cat=1 earlier. I would be amazed if a new Baxi fire with back boiler could be plumbed in to pipework installed originally for a 1980s unit without any modifications.

Wrong, my 1974 Baxi back bolier in my old house was changed to a modern Baxi equivalent in 2000 and my mate has his done last year sometime. Just changed like for like, gravity HW and pumped CH virtually no change to pipework as placement of pipes etc is very similar on new Baxi's as it is on old one. For my mate the plumber filled in a form, confirming a condensing boiler could not be fitted (basically no where to vent and no where for condensate to go) and just fitted a replacement. Mine took two days for the guy to fit as was orignally sitting on couple of wobb;y breeze blocks which were replaced with cemented version which he had to allow to dry, but my mates was done in a day.
"Ian_m" wrote:

That's good to know, thanks for that. I certainly don't want a wall-hung condensing boiler in my kitchen when my Baxi expires.

http://www.baxi.co.uk/products/browse.php?type=consumer&cat=1