Basin waste

(Apologies if this has appeared twice, I've been having server probs.)
In our bathroom, the arrangement is - bath, then basin, then WC. The waste from the bath runs under the floor to join the soil pipe in a boxed in section in the corner. The waste from the basin runs between the cistern and the pan to join the soil pipe at a higher point. I'm about to change the WC for a close-coupled type, which means the basin waste will have to be re-routed. Is there any reason why I shouldn't take it from the basin trap down through the floor and T into the waste from the bath? I assume it would be better to use one of the connectors that produces a smooth curve rather than a right-angled T
TIA Steve

I am not a plumber would have thought that would be ok. You will have to fit a reducer though as bath waste is 40mm and basin waste is 32mm.
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:23:06 +0100, "shazzbat"

It works ok except it's noisy and if the pipe gets a bit crapped up towards the end, the basin water can back up into the bath. (Nothing that some boiling soda water every few weeks can't cure.)