B&D battery drill

Hi All
I have a very old B&D battery drill (KC96V) which is 9.6v. Problem is the battery is U/S and I can't find another 9.6v battery (A9251) to replace it. However, B&Q have a B&D battery which is exactly the same except it is 12v (A9252). What I am wondering is... will this battery be ok with my drill? Will 2.4v extra make that much difference?
Any advice welcome Andy