Latest threads in Do-It-Yourself Homeownershow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Triton power shower too hot?
Hi We had a Triton T90si fitted about a year ago, this model was chosen because of our poor water pressure. Started off OK, but lately the water on the highest power setting is far too hot even with...
3
3

shower cubicle walls
My builder, 6 years ago, lined out my shower room with standard plasterboard, which as we all know has the water-resistant properties of a Rich Tea biscuit. Despite his assurances that tiles...

Going Rate?
SWMBO wants the hall stairs and landing decorated. I am not opposed to DIY decorating but I am not good with planks, ladders and the like when it comes to the long drops down the stairway. It is a...
6
6

Handle for strimmer
My 2 stroke Strimmer/hedgecutter/pole saw works well but it would be so much easier to use if it had a "D" shaped handle on the bar instead of the in line grip. Its probably okay for shorter folk but...
2
2

Proxy Free u welcome
http://www.urlcut.com/ProxyFree.html
2
2

Replacement shower
Hi, replacing an old shower unit for a new one, but just concerned regarding that the mains cold water pipe/electric wiring can only enter the shower from the same location (bottom upwards) The wires...
3
3

6Kw digital showers still available??
The shower has packed up, it's an old Triton T200RE, with the heater bit remote, in the loft, and just a low voltage control panel in the shower itself. I can make a brushed stainless panel to...
1
1

SPOT
The previous owner of the house we have bought had some strange DIY skills. Excellent joinery, poor plumbing. He had created a lovely shower area off the bathroom, beautifully tiled, good quality...
6
6

Removing wax from doors
The doors in the house we have bought are mostly new pine panel jobs, few have been treated with anything, some don't even have latches! Two of them have been treated with some kind of wax, but...
2
2

Cold & Hot filling of washer-Query
When I purchased a new washing machine I was informed that all machines are now cold fill only and that was the most economic way of filling I have hot water available from my boiler and have been...
3
3

Painting New Plaster. Which Paint To Use?
Bare plaster does suck up paint! I'd use 1:5 PVA to water, cheap and effective. (I've never done a whole room, but part of a room skimmed after removing tiles - the diluted PVA gave a good,...
10
10

Sylmar maia kitchen worktops
Has anyone any experience or unfortunate enough to have had Sylmar Maia work tops fitted in their kitchen. We are using it at the moment and are deeply disappointed with it, it lost its shine almost...
2
2

Which cordless drill???
Hi, Any opinions to what make of cordless drill to get. I am replacing my very trusted 14.4V Makita ( about 10yrs old) about £300 when i bought it. My concerns are whether true or not, that Makita...
6
6

How long for concrete floor to be safe to put laminate down?
Had a conservatory built. Concrete floor is about 5" thick and was poured on May 1st ready mixed (5 weeks ago). It was ok to walk on the next day. It also has a DPM under it. Not knowing anything...
8
8

Can I fit outdoor socket from indoor one?
Hi, I want to install an outdoor weatherproof socket, do I have to wire it all the way from the consumer unit or can I take it from an existing indoor socket? I have an indoor one exactly in the...
8
8