Triton power shower too hot?

Hi

We had a Triton T90si fitted about a year ago, this model was chosen because of our poor water pressure. Started off OK, but lately the water on the highest power setting is far too hot even with the temp control turned to zero. If we knock the pressure selector back one, we need the temp selector at 3 or 4, but then the pressure from the showerhead drops and it's almost useless. I understand that the temperature is dependent on the water flow (and the "cold" water is warmer at this time of year), but our water flow isn't very good and we can either have a decent shower and 3rd degree burns, or have a cooler shower that's as powerful as a dripping tap.

I read somewhere that the internal filter can become clogged and reduce flow, is this likely? And is it easily fixable? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

The internal filter is easily cleaned

Switch off power and remove the front cover. The filter is at the bottom right. Turn it anticlockwise, clean and replace. Replace front cover.

I would also descale and clean the showerhead as that can give similar problems.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks for the advice, we replaced the showerhead a week ago but the new one was no better, so I'm convinced it's the unit. I'll give it a go!

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

Triton have excellent customer service, call them.

| >> We had a Triton T90si fitted about a year ago, this model was chosen | >> because of our poor water pressure. Started off OK, but lately the water | >> on the highest power setting is far too hot even with the temp control | >> turned to zero. If we knock the pressure selector back one, we need the | >> temp selector at 3 or 4, but then the pressure from the showerhead drops | >> and it's almost useless. I understand that the temperature is dependent | >> on the water flow (and the "cold" water is warmer at this time of year), | >> but our water flow isn't very good and we can either have a decent shower | >> and 3rd degree burns, or have a cooler shower that's as powerful as a | >> dripping tap. | >>

| >> I read somewhere that the internal filter can become clogged and reduce | >> flow, is this likely? And is it easily fixable? Thanks for any help. | >

| > The internal filter is easily cleaned | >

| > Switch off power and remove the front cover. The filter is at the bottom | > right. Turn it anticlockwise, clean and replace. Replace front cover. | >

| > I would also descale and clean the showerhead as that can give similar | > problems. | | Thanks for the advice, we replaced the showerhead a week ago but the new one | was no better, so I'm convinced it's the unit. I'll give it a go! |

Reply to
Stickems.