Wood for framing a waterproof deck?

Page 2 of 2
Rima Neas wrote:

I dont have any first hand experience with this but thinking about it logically, as long as your waterproofing remains sound, the framing below is dry. It sounds like a no brainer to not use treated. You dont frame an interior space that is to be mud job/tiled with treated lumber for fear of your tile job leaking. Shower mud jobs are done over untreated lumber daily. I would opt to spend the treated budget reducing defelction to save the tile job above.
Schulters tech. dept. would surely have some input on it.
It sounds like a bit of paranoia, belt & suspenders, not sure so double it, over engineering, to me. But again, the first sentence says it all.
Mark