Pre-painted Hardiplank Siding

Has anyone seen any long term results from factory finished Hardipalnk siding? It looks great on the samples and James Hardy people say that it is a baked on paint that has a pro-rated 15 year warranty.
We are looking (dreaming) to make our home "maintenance free" on the outside. We have architectural 45-year shingles on our roof and this fall we are installing Pella windows, pre-painted Hardiplank siding (yellow) and pvc trim (white) using white stainless steel nails, which is another issue for anyone that has ever used pvc trim.
Any insight would be great. This is my first posting.
John
johnnybust wrote:

Cuts have to be carefullly painted to maintain the protection of factory painted pieces. TB
johnnybust wrote:

I haven't seen any factory-painted so I can't say, but even the primed kind will take paint easily and will keep the paint looking good. HardiPlank doesn't have the shrink/swell cycling (due to moisture) like wood products, so the paint should last a lot longer.
Supposedly ordinary hand brushed Latex will be good on it for 10 to 15 years.