Hinges for Rehanging Kitchen Cabinet Doors

Hello

I am repainting my kitchen cabinets. The cabinets are solid wood. They are original cabinets for 1955 ( when the house was built)

I took all the doors off the cabinets along with the hinges.

I need to purchase new hinges. Should I go with the traditional old style hinges that are not adjustable? Or should I purchase the hidden adjustable types? Do they make retrofit hinges that will work in my application?

The Cabinet boxes are 3/4" thick.

Thanks

Reply to
Tube Audio

The hinges you are talking about normally require a good size hole to be drilled with a Forstner bit but there may be other options available.

?DeptID=3D2230 Post in rec.woodworking, somebody there might know of a source for adjustable hinges that don't need a mortise.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

Hinge adjustability is pretty much required on frameless (aka Euro

35mm) cabinets, but your cabinets have face frames. If you take a reasonable amount of care installing the new hinges you really don't need any adjustability at all. R
Reply to
RicodJour