Drywall in the cold

I will be putting the final pieces of drywall up in the addition in the next day or so and will be ready to mud. Question is, how cold can it get? Heat during application is not an issue. I have a torpedo heater which keeps it nice and toasty while I'm in there working, however, there is no permanent heat until the floor goes down. I don't really like the idea of running that heater all night long but I'm concerned about letting the temps go too low that it will affect the finished product. Can I leave the heat on until the mud dries and then shut it off until the next day? I am in a cold climate and the outside temp lately is mid teens at night so the addition goes below 32 degrees at night.

Reply to
Kevin Bremner

I'm no expert but I believe that is not an issue with drywall. After all, unoccupied houses have it installed and it's still good after years of exposure to the cold. If you can though, talk to dry wall installers in your area and ask them.

Reply to
richard

If you are worried, maybe put in a small 1500 watt electric heater, and close the doors? That likely will maintain the temp well above freezing (which is the only issue I can think of) until the mud is 'dry'.

Reply to
PeterD

you won't want the undried mud to freeze. Either on the wall OR in the bucket.

Reply to
Steve Barker