Cutting reinforced concrete posts

I need to cut reinforced concrete posts (about 3 inches square) in my garden. How easy is this with a grinder? How many discs am I likely to need per post (I realise I'll need different discs for concrete and metal). Never used a grinder before!!
Bachgennewydd
A dry diamond blade will be much more efficient. Harbor Freight has them for about $10 (small 5" grinder type blade) They also make dry diamond blades to fit circular saws which may be safer and better.
______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reinforced with what? Rebar or wire? I would remove some of the concrete with a hammer or small sledge (3" is nothing) and then either cut the wire or cut the rebar and do the same at the other end. If it is just wire with no rebar I would just demo the whole thing with a seldge a couple of wacks at the top and at the bottom should be sufficent. Good luck bachgennewydd wrote: