Connecting new 3" sched40 to clay line

Good evening.

I need to connect a new 3" schedule 40 line to an existing 3" clay tile sewer line. Is there an easy way to connect the plastic pipe to the bell end of an existing tile line? Or should I cut off the bell and use a Fernco connector? The line is in a cramped area so cutting the tile will be difficult.

Thanks

-Mark

Reply to
Mark G.

I'm aware of two ways to do this, not sure which is better/easier:

(1) Measure the outer diameter of the clay bell and see if you can find a rubber coupling that is close to the required OD. See

(2) Fernco makes rubber donuts with a barbed profile for use in connecting to hubs. The donut would fit over the 3" schedule 40 pipe and would then wedge tightly into the 3" clay hub. See

Cheers, Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Whitney

What's the direction of flow? PVC -> Clay or Clay -> PVC? Wayne has given you a couple of good options just make sure you choose the fitting that will be the least disruptive to the flow.

Reply to
DAC

Thanks, Wayne. I believe the donut will work fine.

Reply to
Mark G.