Concrete drive saga LAST POST

At the risk of getting an admonition from my friend the moderator, I just wanted to say just last evening I had a visit from the 2 principals.
They did in fact agree with one of you knowledgeable fellows that it was in fact "spalling" and was worked while too wet.
A promise was given that all avenues would be tried to alleviate the issue including decorative cover with taking it all up as a last resort.
We'll see.
Thanks to all for the advice and help. It was very much appreciated.
Roscoe aka Rick
Knowledge is like money, the less you talk about it the more people assume you have.

Glad to hear it.
Decorative cover may be fine for interior not driving spaces..... I took a 3 day seminar in micro topping...(deco cover) very thin, quick, colored, any type. Used in shopping centers and restaurants........ good wishes.... jloomis

Perhaps they are thinking of tarmac?
On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:47:31 +0100, "CWatters"

I do not think it is tarmac. Never heard of that over concrete. Then again I am a neophyte on this subject.

The more I look into this I believe they'd spend more "prettying" it up than making it thoroughly lasting like a new concrete pad and drive that cost half as much as my car.
I am leaning towards just asking them to cut to the chase and jackhammer the sucker up and pour a new pad and finish it properly. And without me sealing it this time to help them out. They have taken far too much of my time already on this fiasco.
Unless you guys wanna hear more rants and whining, the jackhammer is the answer.