Concrete drive

I have a concrete drive that although solid without cracks the surface isn't as smooth as I would like. It was damaged by heavy rain while it was setting.

Is there something like floor levelling compound or a mix of sand and cement I can use over it to skim the surface and smooth it out.

Reply to
david.cawkwell

How bad is it? You don't want a really smooth surface as it'll become an ice rink in winter with nothing more than a decent frost and an ice rink in summer due to alagae. A gentle mottled surface may look better than the normal tamping board lines.

I suspect any such thin layer wouldn't last very long before starting to come away, particulary where the weight of any vehicle passes.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

What about resin bonded/bound aggregate? Might be ok with a thick resin coat. I personally really like the finish, but don't have a suitable driveway for it to go on without spending lots of cash.

Jon

the thinnest possible formulation so it sinks into the hollows.

NT

Reply to
NT