Casters for a large and heavy workbench

I recently built a 4' x 8' workbench with 4"X6" corner posts and 3/4" plywood for two shelves and a double thickness top. I', using the shelves for wood storage on one and tool storage on the other. As you can tell, the workbench is now very heavy. I am looking for a set of casters that would mount to the sides of the corner posts, and allow me to raise and move the table. My Hitachi table saw has similar casters that have a lever that either raises or lowers the wheels just enough to bring legs off the floor. Does anyone know of this type casters? I've done some searches, but there seems to be a large variety of casters types. I would like to be able to move the workbemch without having to remove everything from it first.

Reply to
rlz

I don't have a source for side mounted casters, but the best casters I have found for my portable workbench and tool carts are these from Hartville Tool:

I previously used casters I picked up from Lowes, and while they were the same sized casters, they never rolled smoothly. Wheels would often fail to swivel and would just "drag" across the floor. The Hartville casters roll smoothly, swivel easily, and lock down tight when you don't want the cart to move.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband