Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Water Heater/ Vacation Setting ?
In that case, turn the pilot light off.
15
15

Table
I built a very large picnic table last year made exclusively out of PT 2x6s last year. Not to be outdone, my son built one of his own vision. He used PT 4X4s for the legs, rest of the lumber is white...
4
4

Building steps
From the results, some of them obviously were. Your stance is that you can throw steel into a concrete pour and it doesn't do anything because, hell, rebar is steel. That's like saying that you can...
40
40

Building Materials & Concrete Accessories
T-anchor and eye-anchor are available for lifting systems in load of 1.3T, 2.5T, 5T, 10T, 20T, 32T working load limits and in various lengths to satisfy different applications. Edge lift anchor...

nailgun nails
I have a compressor operated nail gun using 34 degree paper collated nails. Apparently gas operated guns use 33 degree nails. Will they work in my gun?
9
9

Suggestions? Driveway crack over ½ inch
Rebar missing.......? No reinforcement? I always guarantee 2 things when I pour concrete. It will crack, and I do not know where....... Sounds like land movement......Is water a problem..... Drainage?...
9
9

Garden Hose for transfer of K1 Oil ?
"Joe" wrote in news:u1HNl.1438$ City inspectors maybe.
40
40

Steel hurricane panel working drawings?
Does anyone know where I can find detailed specifications for standard steel hurricane panels? I can find lots of neat pictures of houses that really look good with their product; however, I can't...
2
2

Long PT Stringers
Planning on building a set of outdoor stairs at a cottage that will have a total rise of somewhere between 12 to 15 feet along a steep slope. (Total rise from the cottage to the water is over 40 feet...
6
6

A couple of baseboard questions
I'll just jump right into it. First, I'm looking for advice on how to transition between different types of baseboards. I need to go from a quarter round to a 2 3/8" standard baseboard....
4
4

drywall installation
I've got a concrete block house in FL. I've stripped the drywall off the interior walls, 3/4" furring strips remain. I would like to insulate the walls. What's the best way to do this? I...
10
10

cement floor thickness
Hello all and thanks if you can give me some opinions on this. I have had a floor put on the ground and second floor of a house. There is under floor heating in some parts and none in others. My...
6
6

new deck addition over 2nd story house
hi all! i am contemplating building a deck on my roof to overlook the water.. do you have any estimates on weight on what a typically A-Frame roofline will support? I wonder who would know where you...
3
3

New Baluster Spacing Calculator For iPhone
There is a neat app for the iPhone called BalusterPro that makes calculating baluster spacing a breeze. You just enter your distance between newel posts and the width of one baluster. Then you drag a...

Heating Source for Pool: Propane or Natural Gas
I'm going to install a small pool and a firepit in the back yard, and I am thinking of using a natural gas / propane heater. I can fuel this in one of three ways, and I would appreciate hearing...
7
7