A couple of baseboard questions

I'll just jump right into it.

First, I'm looking for advice on how to transition between different types of baseboards. I need to go from a quarter round to a 2 3/8" standard baseboard. It's also where we transition from wood to carpet. I guess just looking at the picture could explain it better.

From Others

How can I handle this?

Second question....I've been staining and polyurethaning lots of baseboard with no major problems to speak of until I had to go to Home Depot to get 16' pieces for the stairs because Lowes only had 10' foot pieces. With the Home Depot pieces I got this weird white...stuff (is the only way I can describe it) when I applied the polyurethane. Any idea what could have caused it on these two pieces? I think I did everything the same on these piece as I did on the others, but it certainly could have been my fault...I just don't know why.

From Others

Thanks for any help/insight you can provide, Darren

Reply to
darren.grimsley

oops...so I guess embedding doesn't work....here are the photo links

darren.grimsley

Good day..Try to visit

for recommendations. They sure can help you on this matter.

Reply to
flengineer

On going from the quarterround to standard moulding, I would cut a "Return" on the standard moulding, then but the quarterRound to it. If your not familiar with "Returns", you cut the end at a 45 degree angle then cut another piece at the opposite 45 degree and match them up. This gives the appearance of an outside corner the goes back to the wall. Then you can just but the QR up to it. If the QR is wider than then standard, you could Return the QR as well.

Rob

Reply to
rlz

Right, just what the OP needs for his question on baseboards - spamming engineers.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but FOAD.

Dumbass.

RicodJour