yellow deodorant stains

I have had a problem with yellow stains beneath the armpits on t-shirts, etc. I have assumed that they were from using stick deodorant. How can this be prevented? Is there any way to get rid of these stains on clothing?

Thanks.

John

Reply to
Redlocks

I don't know about preventing it, but here is a site that has a "stain removal wizard" that covers about everything - first item is antiperspirant.

- Cindy

Reply to
CDC

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 02:15:49 GMT, "Redlocks" scribbled:

If the shirts are white, there is a product called "Yellow Out" similar to "Iron Out", that I've had good luck with. As far as prevention, I don't know of anything.... I just have my hubby wear colored shirts.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Hi John,

Try some dilute ammonia and hydrogen peroxide.

Hope this helps

Reply to
DrClean

-> I have had a problem with yellow stains beneath the armpits on t-shirts,

-> etc. I have assumed that they were from using stick deodorant.

-> How can this be prevented? Is there any way to get rid of these stains on

-> clothing?

Well, John, I have an idea for preventing it, but I doubt that you will find it appealing.

When I was in the Army I would get the big yellow stains on my shirts, too. What I did was buy the thinnest panty liners that I could get and use them in the armpits of my shirts. The sweat, etc., wouldn't make it to the shirt.

Now, unless you're in an accident and taken to the hospital, no one should ever know you're wearing panty liners in your shirt! But you'll have to find someone to buy them for you.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

On Sun 23 Jan 2005 07:15:49p, Redlocks wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

I don't know about removing it, as I never had good luck with that. You should probably change deodorants. I now use Mitchum stick deodorant and have never had the problem since.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

It's the deodorant. Change to some other brand. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein

Probably less a matter of brand so much as slathering on too much of it, so it deposits on the shirt.

Reply to
jamie

On Mon 24 Jan 2005 09:59:23p, jamie wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Not really. It's more a matter of the deodorant reacting with an individual's body chemistry. Some people are far more susceptible than others to the staining.

Wayne

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

underarm deodorents are basicall ammonium chloride a astringent, and perfume

best underarm deodorant is sodium bicabonate ( baking soada0--place about 1/4 a pea amount-

it neutralizes the fatty acids form by bacteria which cause underarm odor

the yelow stain i suspect is a mixture of oils/fats fromns skinor the deodorant

i would use automatic dishwaster detergent --a potent materail for removing grease/oils/fats

some have enzymes it it to help remove proteins like egg hth peter

Reply to
ilaboo

i agree peter

Reply to
ilaboo

Some people are -- but some people put too much on, causing a waxy antiperspirant build-up, with trapped perspiration, on the clothing.

Reply to
jamie