How Can you Remove Yellow Bleech Stains?

Not sure if this is the right site for this one ... if not can someone redirect me to the right one please?

The other night we put some bath salts in the bath but afterwards noticed that they had left a stain on the bottom of the bath. To remove them we used some bleach but must have left it on too long as the bleach turn the enamel yellow in places and we cannot get rid of this yellow stain now.

The bath is an old cast iron bath which we had re-enamelled a few years ago and, until the bleach episode, looked really good.

Any advice (apart from suggesting we shouldn't have used bleach!) would be appreciated.

Ash.

Reply to
Ashley

A tip for removing stains from baths in the 'How Clean Is Your House' programme that was on Channel 4 a couple of years ago, was to put a couple of cups full of biological washing powder into the bath, fill with hot water and leave for a few hours. We did this with a plastic bath that was in the house when we moved in, having tried all manner of products, none of which worked. The soap powder worked fine.

Reply to
the_constructor

Many thanks for the tip. I tried the washing powder but still had a few stains left after several days so I used some white toothpaste with bicarbonate of soda and managed to remove the remaining marks.

Thanks again for your kind suggestion which was very helpful.

Ash.

Reply to
Ashley