wood floor scuff

My wood floor has a 10x inch scuff from a wrought iron chair. Should I use a bit of paint thinner or sand paper and then touch it up with more polyurethane???
thanks, bonnie
Do you mean a scratch (single) or scuffing (plural), like the chair has been moving back and forth for a while?
: My wood floor has a 10x inch scuff from a wrought iron chair. : Should I use a bit of paint thinner or sand paper and then touch it up with : more polyurethane??? : : thanks, : bonnie : :
One scuff/scratch but it is wide, about inch so it is visible.
bonnie

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:16:58 -0500, "BonnieJean"

I would be interested if this works out ok. I am about to do the whole floor because of half a dozen scratches/scuffs but if I could get away just doing those few places I'd be much happier.