QUESTION: Cleaning wool rugs with a cleaning machine and standard detergent

Hey, all.

Just bought a Hoover Steamvac Duo carpet cleaner, and it seems to work a treat on my synthetic carpets.

I'm wondering if this machine would be safe to use on wool carpeting as well? The brushes are very soft, so I'm not really concerned about agitation damage. What about the use of standard carpet cleaner mixes on wool? Anything I should be concerned about? Perhaps there's some special mix for use on wool?

All comments appreciated!

BD

Reply to
BD