Preventing throw rug slippage

I have a vinyl kitchen floor,and have cotton throw rugs in front of the sink and stove. Is there a way to prevent them from slipping? I know I could use spray adhesive,but I wash them frequently and am afraid they will stick permanently to the floor. Thanks

There are various kinds of non-slip pads you can put under them.