Perspiration odor remedy?

I seem to recall this subject posted here before, but can't remember the advice given... My son has noticed his shirts having a lingering odor after laundering. I'm looking for a remedy that doesn't involve covering up the odor with perfume-y laundry detergent, or spot cleaners. Anyone with ideas??
Tia!
Nan

Is it perspiration odor? There are several methods.
1. Apply a mixture of 1 part ammonia in 7 parts water to the stain and let dry.
2. Apply a paste of baking soda and water and try to keep it damp a few hours.
3. Used a paste of borax instead of baking soda.
4. Soak the shirt in salty water overnight, 4 tbsp/qt.
--
Best Regards,
Lloyd

Yeah, it's definitely perspiration odor.

Epsom salts? Would soaking dark shirts (he wears a lot of black but his PT uniform shirts are gray and brown) cause the dye to run?
Thanks for the suggestions :-)
Nan

How about your world-famous BBQ sauce?

Hmmm... I forgot about vinegar. I keep some in my laundry area to add to the rinse water when I wash bath towels. Thanks :-)
Nan

It might work if he likes cats and doesn't drink in his car. I have a customer who bathes in my BBQ sause, but the aroma attracts cats, who jump in her car windows and spill her wine. You'd think she'd learn!
--
Barbecue Bob serving family-style roast bunny
at convenient restaurants

At least to hold her wine glass more tightly!
Nan

Okay.
He's mad at me?!?!?! :-(
Hey, I have some borax in the cupboard, too. See, I knew this group would help me use my resources ;-)
Nan
I only did that once and it was when your apron caught fire while you were BBQ'n our dinner.
Cindi