Perspiration odor remedy?

I seem to recall this subject posted here before, but can't remember the advice given... My son has noticed his shirts having a lingering odor after laundering. I'm looking for a remedy that doesn't involve covering up the odor with perfume-y laundry detergent, or spot cleaners. Anyone with ideas??

Tia!

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Is it perspiration odor? There are several methods.

  1. Apply a mixture of 1 part ammonia in 7 parts water to the stain and let dry.

  1. Apply a paste of baking soda and water and try to keep it damp a few hours.

  2. Used a paste of borax instead of baking soda.

  1. Soak the shirt in salty water overnight, 4 tbsp/qt.

Reply to
Lloyd Randall

Yeah, it's definitely perspiration odor.

Epsom salts? Would soaking dark shirts (he wears a lot of black but his PT uniform shirts are gray and brown) cause the dye to run?

Thanks for the suggestions :-)

Nan

Reply to
Nan

How about your world-famous BBQ sauce?

Hmmm... I forgot about vinegar. I keep some in my laundry area to add to the rinse water when I wash bath towels. Thanks :-)

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Okay.

He's mad at me?!?!?! :-(

Hey, I have some borax in the cupboard, too. See, I knew this group would help me use my resources ;-)

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I only did that once and it was when your apron caught fire while you were BBQ'n our dinner.

Cindi

Barbecue Bob wrote:

Reply to
letsplay-2

It might work if he likes cats and doesn't drink in his car. I have a customer who bathes in my BBQ sause, but the aroma attracts cats, who jump in her car windows and spill her wine. You'd think she'd learn!

Reply to
Barbecue Bob

At least to hold her wine glass more tightly!

Nan

Reply to
Nan