Ink stain on vinyl laminated counter

I left an orange colored flyer on my couter top and it got wet and stained the counter and I can't get it off. The die the paper was colored with came off on the counter. Does anyone know what this die could be made of and how I may be able to get it off? So far I've tried comet cleanser and Goof Off with no results. Please help, this is a really ugly stain.
Thanks, Bill
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:48:28 -0000, fustrated wrote:

Have you tried household bleach? If that doesn't work try an oxygen bleach product (ie, OxiClean). A cleanser such as Comet or Ajax is abrasive and will dull most counters.
BTW, I put a JCPenney plastic shopping bag in my damp bathtub and it transferred a large purple mark from the bag to the fiberglass tub! Fortunately, bleach removed the stain. A drop of liquid soap helps spread the bleach over the surface.
Of course I would not know what dye was in your flyer. But, I'd guess it is a biodegradable soy-based dye, like most printing inks.
If your counter is dull, you can restore it with a fine grade of auto rubbing compounds and an electric auto polisher.

The counter is a matte white it really does not have much of a shine to it anyway. I will try the bleach. Thanks Much
<fustrated> wrote in message

If the bleach doesn't work, try some rubbing alcohol and then some Goof-Off. The Goof-Off is sold in paint stores. http://www.goof-off.com /

Well I've tryed Goof Off, bleach, hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol and even a little bit of laquor thinner, with not much luck. Bleach took some of it off but spread the rest of it around, this stuff is really on there. Next I will try denatured alcohol. Does any one have any other suggestions?
Bill
<fustrated> wrote in message

I have had good luck with Soft Scrub with bleach. You might try scrubbing it and putting some of the Soft Scrub on the area and covering it with some plastic wrap. A prolonged exposure to the bleach might help. I had white Formica counter (the color was called kid glove) and eventually stains went away with repeated cleanings.
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:27:03 -0000, fustrated wrote:

If the counter is white, put down some layers of white paper toweling and pour bleach on it. Leave it for a long time -- as long as overnight. Check the stain from time to time. Refresh the bleach as needed. This gets cranberry and grape juice off our white formica counters.