four cats, lots of hair

Anyone have any ideas for keeping the cat hair down, other than lots of vacuuming and brushing?

Reply to
Karen Newton

Less cats? Investing in some hairless cats? Haircut day for the cats?

On a serious note... Someone said they purchased leather couches and similar. That could definitely be a good idea to still be able to live in peace with the family pets and not have to worry about the hair. Also, I don't know how crazy your cats are about a possible bath time (seeing as I had a couple of my cats in the past just LOVE baths, for some odd reason) but I had picked up a bottle of pet shampoo that was supposed to help with the coats, and yes, it really did help. It was a bit on the expensive side - just over $10 for a medium sized bottle - but I also did see a difference. There sure didn't seem to be as much hair. Brushing is also a good way to keep the hair down. My cats have all loved the brush, with the exception of one - he'd much rather attack your hand - or you - when the brush was close by. The dog also didn't like the brush. I would sit on the couch in the evening to watch the news or whatever program was on, and mindlessly brush the cat as it layed beside me or on me. I found it was something that could be done with less than half a brain set aside for doing it and my cats loved it. Other than that, I dunno... I'm sure others will have more and better ideas to go with.

Reply to
xkatx