formica with tape residue

How to get the gooey semi hardened tape residue off without damaging the Formica?
Thanks,
Jeff
Joe wrote:

Isopropyl alcohol is good for that sort of thing...

Kerosene or lighter fluid should work. If you have neither, try a small dab of petroleum jelly, a "nylon scrubbie," and some elbow grease. If you want to use a scraper, a plastic "credit card" works without damaging the Formica.
Phisherman wrote:

installers told me to use paint thinner. that is what they used.
try WD-40 if you have it around the house.
How to get the gooey semi hardened tape residue off without damaging the Formica?
Thanks,
Jeff
On Mon 07 Mar 2005 03:59:33a, Bonnie Jean wrote in alt.home.cleaning:

Did anyone mention Goo-Gone? Works a treat.
--
Wayne Boatwright

I second this. WD-40 takes it off better than anything I've tried. Took 12-year-old duct tape residue off tiles.

use a razor scraper.
wet the area with some soapy water to make the razor glide, and use at a very shallow angle.

razor scraper
wet the area with some soapy water first, and use at a very shallow angle.