Duck tape residue on glass

Single edge razor blade and:

WD 40 and/or Goof Off and/or Citrus solvent

DanG

I need suggestions for removing the mesh like duck tape residue from glass. Thanks S2

Reply to
Stuart

I've found the best to be lighter fluid.

Reply to
Jack Allen

Start with a singe edge razor blade scraper to get the bulk of it off.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Gasoline on a paper towel. Rub. Or perhaps on a nylon scrubbie. Kerosene, if you want to be safer. Ronsinol lighter fluid if you wish.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On Wed 06 Apr 2005 06:36:14p, Stormin Mormon wrote in alt.home.repair:

Illuminate the work area with a lighted kitchen match.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Yes! Naptha is a great solvent.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

Wow, you're a blast to have around.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The next time, use Gaffer's tape - it does everything that duct tape does, but doesn't leave the goo behind. Audio / video folks have used it for years to temporarily lay down cables without ruining them.

Reply to
Steve Henderson

Coleman stove fuel, the old stuff in the can.

Reply to
sleepdog

Goof-Off or lacquer thinner.

Reply to
Hopkins

WD40 on a rag.

Reply to
Rudy

snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

regular cooking oil.

Reply to
Marina

I second that, just a word of worning, if you have painted frame, it could cause discoloration of the paint, so becareful.

hth,

tom @

The Real Tom

For god sake do not use gasoline! Go buy a pint of varsol.

Dave

Storm> Gasoline on a paper towel. Rub. Or perhaps on a nylon scrubbie. Kerosene, if

Reply to
remove

WD-40 sprayed on a rag will do it every time!

Reply to
Tocapet

God is a friend of mine.

What's Varsol? Not heard of that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

rub it with canned Tuna

then,

let the neighborhood cats in to lick it off

seen it done a thousand times...

Reply to
terafferty