Couch Cleaning

Hey,
I have a khaki colored couch and it is beginning to look a little dirty. I wanted to clean it and then treat with Scotch Guard. Are there any suggestions on how to best clean the couch? The cusion covers are 100% cotton. I have heard people talk about oxyclean and also different woolite products, but i don't know which is best and how to go about using them on a couch. Any suggestions are appriciated.
Thank you,
Patrick McQuillen
On 19 Aug 2006 07:43:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A rug shampoo machine with a hand-held attachment with rotating heads. The advantage of a rug shampooer is that you can rinse the upholstery several times until the rinse is clear. Direct fans on the couch for a couple days, then wait several more days before applying the Scotchguard. If there is any frayed or worn areas it's time to re-upholster your couch.