clearing cloth car seats

I cleaned my cloth upholstered car seat, and it's cleaner than it was before.
But it could perhaps be cleaner. But I don't have time now.
If I spray on Scotchguard, will it keep the dirt in, and make another cleaining harder, like it is supposed to keep the dirt out?

The Scotchguard will help keep liquid spills from seeping into the fabric. After about 6 months, the Scotchguard will eventually wear away and will need reapplication. Use as recommended by the manufacturer. I would not use this product on a dirty item.