Landscaping Cloth?

Should I lay what is called 'landscaping cloth' under my mulch
nuggets? I am tired of pulling weeds.
Thanks
Apeman
Reply to
tarzan
Even though I have bushes and flowers? My Peonies and Hostas seem to spread.
Thanks \\Apeman
Reply to
tarzan
I think landscape fabric is fairly useless for what it's supposed to do and it's a pain in the ass anytime you go to plant a new bush. The mulch is there to keept weeds from growing. Even if the fabric works initially, within a few years there will be organic material on top of it. Wind blows in dirt, dust, decaying bits of leaves, etc and it works it's way in, defeating the whole purpose.
I just use mulch and then hit the few weeds that make it through with Roundup or equivalent.
Reply to
trader4
move the nuggets aside, put down a few layers of cardboard and put the nuggets back on top. by the time the cardboard is eaten by the worms it will smother most weeds.
songbird
Reply to
songbird
On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 19:13:12 -0400, songbird wrote:
I never thought of cardboard. Certainly cheaper. And should dissolve over time.
Thanks
Apeman
Reply to
tarzan