Bought a modern 2-color sofa, but will it get dirty and can I clean it?

I bought a beautiful modern leather sofa set (sofa and 2 chairs made of genuine leather). Armrests are dark brown but the primary color is light cream (sort of grey-white). I am afraid that it will get really dirty with time. Is that the case?

Would I be able to clean it once it gets dirty or should I buy some kind of cover for the sofa and put a cover under me when I sit on it?

I don't know much about how easy it is to clean leather furniture. Some people tell me that once it gets dirty, there's not much you can do.

Thanks!

Reply to
success_ny

It will get dirty over time. We have had a very expensive set for 10 years ... and I think it looks kind of crummy now.

We don't eat or drink on our leather furniture, so that helps. The worst culprit seems to be dust ... it accumulates over time even though you can't see it like you would on a wood surface. I would recommend dusting your leather furniture regularly.

The other big problem for us has been SUNLIGHT. Ugh. It causes uneven fading and hardening of the leather. We definitely would have benefitted from closing blinds when we were not home.

Leather cleaners are effective but I think I have waited too long between treatments (1 or 2 years at times, I'm afraid to admit.)

Reply to
Zobree