ball point pen on car fabric

Does anyone know how to remove ball point pen on a car seat? I haven't tried cleaning it yet because I don't want it to smear. Waiting for your help....

Try using nail varnish remover - often work a treat - but test an area of the fabric first in case there's a reaction.
Methylated Spirits is another good remedy. Take a look at www.DrClean.co.uk/surgery_stains/stains_techniques2.asp where there's an example of a biro stain being removed from a t-shirt.
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk

That was a timely post for me. I was just reading a UK author who mentioned "biro" and "hoover" as words frowned upon by editors, for being brand names that should be capitalized. We're familiar with Hoover vacuums in the US, but Biro didn't ring a bell. Now that I know they're pens, I think I might have seen the brand here, but I don't think it's very common.
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."
wrote: | > -> | > -> Methylated Spirits is another good remedy. Take a look at | > -> www.DrClean.co.uk/surgery_stains/stains_techniques2.asp where there's an | > -> example of a biro stain being removed from a t-shirt. | > | > | > For those who don't know, biroll point pen. | | That was a timely post for me. I was just reading a UK author who | mentioned "biro" and "hoover" as words frowned upon by editors, for | being brand names that should be capitalized. We're familiar with | Hoover vacuums in the US, but Biro didn't ring a bell. Now that I | know they're pens, I think I might have seen the brand here, but | I don't think it's very common.
BIC, owner of the trademark, used it for a while on Round Stic Bic Pens, but eventually quit doing so in the USA.
john cline ii, who hopes that helps

Rubbing alcohol
--
jamie ( snipped-for-privacy@newsguy.com)

"There's a seeker born every minute."
Only thing I have found to be 100% successful (and you may have to redo the process a few times) is "Ink Away", a product made by the same folks a "Goo-Gone"
Sijka