WHAT TO CHARGE TO DESIGN FIRE ALARM SYSTEM

Page 3 of 3

Oh, please. I can loudly proclaim that any particular thing will happen, and eventually it will. The world hasn't ended, and Don is planning a 1950's fallout shelter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW4s7TETtJA

Here's my prediction - the heat death of the universe is coming!!!

Prophecy and prediction are two different things. Prophecy involves a prophet and is generally considered to be a religious revelation from God.

Close. It was the old Duck & Cover scare-tactics film from the 50's and 60's.
You don't have broadband - right, I keep forgetting - sorry. Is that by choice or because it's not available where you are? If it is by choice, you really are giving up a lot. YouTube is an amazing educational resource. Seeing a video of how to adjust a bike derailleur, or stringing a bow, or almost anything else, is a lot better than reading about it. Giving up cable TV would be a lot more palatable for me than giving up broadband internet. And it's not just YouTube, now is it? For example, I use Google SketchUp, and the tutorial videos that sites such as SketchUcation and Go2School provide free are invaluable. I start watching the video and use one of the download helper plugins for Firefox to download the video for viewing at my leisure. I must have a couple or three gigs of assorted tutorial videos for SU alone.

Let me see if I understand you correctly. Basically you're saying that Don living in FL during the bubble build up, then hightailing it is the way to go, right? So, in other words, it's okay to participate in the bubble, and reap the benefits, as long as someone gets out in time. That about sum it up?

Well OK then. Please tell me when and where that corruption-free society is/was and I'll go there.
Also, please tell me more about this econocomics? Is that like the Overstreet price guide to comic books? Or is it The Laugh Factory is hiring cut-rate comedians again? ;)

Okay, I'll meet you at The Restaurant At The End Of Time, and we'll see if it's infinite or not. Loser buys dinner.

Like us, they cannot get real broadband. We have a Hughes satelite but it is a real pain and horribly expensive. I have DSL at one of my businesses and take huge advantage of it. I'm in my home office right now but my DSL 6 miles away is *working* for me for the rest of the night downing some vintage film noirs and several other things.
YouTube is an amazing

Agreed. I gave up the TV over a year ago and now I get an amazing amount of stuff done. This was by choice but not in the way you might think. 2 years ago we bought the whole enchilada, big flatscreen, HD everything, enhanced satelite, everything. Then within 3 months I noticed the quality of the programming going downhill, and it kept going that way. Just when I thought it hit bottom, direct TV dug a new bottom. I turned the toob on at about 8pm last night and scrolled through all bazillion channels and was again appaled that there was not one thing on any of it that was watchable. Nothing. At this point I believe direct is convinced that all of their customers are completely braindead and I have to agree with them. I'll take another look in 2-3 months and see if there's any improvement but I'm not optimistic. My wifes watches football on it and weather and some of the local stuff. Other than that it doesn;t get used. I told her 6 months ago I ain't paying for it anymore and I'm not, she pays for it, but I suspect that $80/mth is gonna get on her nerve after football season is over.
And it's not just

I like the way you included me in that. *participate*
Let me set it straight. In 2001 I was mainly ignorant to what was going on, locally and globally, politically and financially speaking. I didn't see the bigger picture at the time. So my wife and I circled our wagons and put everything into a vehicle that would carry us for the rest of our natural lives. Then, after 4 years of watching the bottom fall out of everything we worked our whole lives for we decide to bail and take ourselves to what we believed was a better place. Since then the unraveling has continued and accelerated and we have been working to get ourselves around that as well. In that *context*, as Richard is so fond of saying, then yes it is alright to *participate* in the bubble, reap 1/3 of a mill in profit and then get out. My lazyassed brother *participated* except he didn't pay attention, ratcheted his home up to 1/4 mil and blew it all on good times and now sits on a box of sticks and stones valued at $75k and dropping. 4 years later I am still helping him out.

It starts by not automatically thinking of yourself as a we. Yes, it starts with you, and I've been saying it for years. Only YOU can figure out what is best for you. Laziness is the biggest obstacle.

Or you can come over to my place as I have 17 full boxes with an estimated 4000 comics, all boarded and bagged in Wizard archival materials, that I want to liquidate.

The big bang was not the first instance of that happening. In 2099 this will be old news, and the word *first* will no longer apply because time is not linear.

I suspect that the point was that it was not originally from your "crappy kiddie poop" net.

Here I think you'll appreciate the You Tube video I'll post a link to below.

All acres being roughly equal, is that like you bartering, say, a .5 of an acre from Rico in exchange for your 1 acre, and then later I barter your new .5 of an acre in exchange for my .25?
You know what some people call that? A con game.
And Derrick Jensen seems to have something to say about how that's upheld (copied from a You Tube video):
"...These 'rich' claim they own land, and the 'poor' are often denied the right to make that same claim. A primary purpose of the police is to enforce the delusions of those with lots of pieces of green paper... Those in power rule by force, and the sooner we break ourselves of illusions to the contrary, the sooner we can at least begin to make reasonable decisions about whether, when, and how we are going to resist." -- Derrick Jensen, Author of 'Engame'
(Thinking of your beloved "POOP's.)
"A study by the World Institute for Development Economics Research at United Nations University reports that the richest 1% of adults alone owned 40% of global assets in the year 2000. The three richest people possess more financial assets than the lowest 48 nations, combined. The combined wealth of the 10 million millionaires grew to nearly $41 trillion in 2008. In 2001, 46.4% of people in sub-Saharan Africa were living in extreme poverty. Nearly half of all Indian children are undernourished." ~ Wikipedia You should also at least be able to view this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/68/CochinIndia.jpg
I do the same thing as Rico, by the way, with regard to downloading You Tube vids for later viewing. I understand that you seem to have a bit of a communicational disparity with regard to something like a back hoe for your informational inclusion, so here's a video about Wall Street that I'm just downloading that I'd like to share:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BQeIDOX1lY&feature=related

I took Econo-Comics at McGill University quite awhile ago-- and walked. It was too late to officially drop it, so I just left it hanging, like how it has left much of our world. A real cliff-hanger that.

An ostensible preoccupation with "social evolution(s)" seems to reveal a profound interest in the 'we', do you think?
I sense a paradox from someone who seems hell-bent against the we.

I was under the impression it was quite the opposite; that the religious people, in all their infinite wisdom, told us what the universe was. ;)

Where'd he predict/prophesize/whatever it then? How did he word it? Do you have a copy?
But who gives a shit? As far as I'm aware, prediction's an absolute mathematical impossibility anyway. If so, and if you're up on math, you may, or maybe should, already know that. I think it was Heisenberg and/or Goedel.
Also, the 'business cycle's' "prediction" seems self-referencing, if that's the right word, because it has 'cycle' in it. So making a bust "prediction" within a boom cycle and among other similar speculations across the net and in the old mainstream media, and taking credit for it to boot, seems yet another indication of someone who wants to be, or appear to be, up on things, or ahead of the "game", yet in a self- referencing sort of way.
I seem to recall, roughly around the time I was talking about shipping container architecture (~ c. 2004), and even later than that, Don was "spamming" the newsgroup with all kinds of fluff pieces interspersed with the odd commercial on somesuch product (made by all kinds of "we's" by the way) and writing about designing all these multi-hip- roofed (Mc-?)mansions and bragging about the profit. Now, oops, he's talking about small houses, wishing he'd had some time on his hands for somethings that seem suspiciously like elements of permaculture, and writing very recently here about apparently kind of feeling overwhelmed by the across-the-board "predictions".
Ironically, Don has ALWAYS seemed concerned for the WE's, from products, to clients, to information, to music, to videos, business, government, cops, the status quo in all its glories, AND! TO CHATTING WITH ALL OF WE HERE ON ARCHITECTURE ABOUT ALL OF IT/THEM! :D
If someone were to ask me who appeared THE MOST INTO THE WE online, guess who I'd nominate in a heartbeat?! DON of course!! DUH! It's a no- brainer! *Cheerleading extraordinaire*!
:D
Rico: Of course it's absurd! ;D
Don, LUV!, kindly give US your predictions for the next 5 years. :)

Absolutely. ;)
Ken S. Tucker wrote:

Prophesized and reasoned don't belong in the same paragraph. The public school systems have done a marvelous job of training several generations of people which has led everyone to where they are now. Ignorance of the basic economics 101 and the inability to pay attention to things that matter. And don't forget about outright laziness. That's the 3 legs of triangulation required to see the why's and how's of where all of this is going. Do you want to hear about my bomb shelter? LOL

Nope. Only I get to include me any of that we stuff. Nothing is automatic, and that is precisely where your problem lies. You really should think this through Rico because the time is coming when you will have to deal with it. They use the things you love against you.
If you don't believe me, ask

There is never a group decision. It is always the many agreeing with the one in charge. And yes I've seen this thousands of times. There is no such thing as collective thinking.

Over here-- you can hand me that ice cream cone over here, luv:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Icall_Machine_1920.jpg

All I can say is if a girlfriend or man-friend used that thing all the time (along with the lab jacket and corporate insignia), it could take some spark out of our relationship.