Re: Suspenders

Ever noticed how intimidating them braided leather suspenders are that

> attorneys wear over their starched white shirtz? > No wonder its so easy for them to park a burgandy wingtip in your ass, > permanently.

I always thought the reason they wore suspenders was so you can have a better grip while throwing them off a bridge.

Reply to
Cato

I've got several dog leashes that are braided and look similar, but my dogs are nicer than lawyers. Probably the leashes cost a lot less too.

Reply to
eds

"Don" wrote in news:%nbne.11312$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

I'm baaaa-aaaaack.... heh heh heh

When I saw the subject, I immediately got this mental image of a stout framed or reinforced structure that was open, like a loft, and created "floors" by suspending platforms from cables or poles.

Never thought of that before - it's probably not very practical, but OTOH, I have a vague recollection of something similar being done occasionally in public/commercial buildings, so why not...

Re: the clothing accessory, tho', I dunno, *are* suspenders intimidating? I always thought they were used because either (1) the person's middle is too spherical to give a belt anything to hold onto or (2) the person is post-surgery, or has an intensital problem, or etc., and it's too uncomfortable to tighten a belt around the distressed area.

I never thought of them as itimidating.

Oh, and, yeah, Houston is hot but from what I've heard, temperatures are not much different up in New York, and a couple days, it was hotter in Boston than here. The main problem here is that people haven't updated the older homes, so the place we rent (the one sale fell through after we got the inspector's report...) has all ancient single-pane windows and sucks up solar heat like a sponge. At least the yard is fenced and there's a pool in the back, plus all the houses are the same heignt (one level) so people aren't staring down into the yard.

OTOH, I was going to put up some SolarStat but - get this one! - the "neighborhood homeowners association" doesn't "allow" people to put up window film. The lesson being, **check everything** before you buy - not a bad idea to rent forst in a new area - so, for example, I'd have to chack to be sure I could at least put in Buffalo Grass and native plants (I dislike the crabgrass-like stuff that's everywhere down here).

But all in all, from what I've seen (northwest area), I like it much better here than where I was.

Still have a few boxes around, and some things to finish putting away and putting up, etc., but the main part of the settling-in process is nearly complete.

Now to finish updating and uploading my website...

- K.

Reply to
Kris Krieger