Re: Roof Samplers

That's not a bad idea, actually.
There was a book titled "Websites that Suck", written to be a web designer's handbook of things to avoid (even tho' few people seem to have read it...)
Anyhoo, it seems to me that a book in a similar vein about 'House Design Dos and Don'ts' would be marketable. You should look into doing it ;) !

They're not as "dysfunctional" as a lot of places I've been in, or looked at floorplans of, while house-hunting - a lot of them have so many random nooks and crannies (resulting from the geegawgery of the exterior design and/or roof arrangement) that it makes it difficult to figure out how to even put furniture into the rooms. Also, it might be arguable that, since a sphere is the most efficient design in terms of maximizing volume while minimizing surface area, a hemishperical structure might allow for minimal heating/cooling costs (since less surface area means slower thermal exchange).